Metal and Rock Rhythm Guitar Crash Course
What's the #1 thing every guitarist needs? Speed? Accuracy? Natural Ability? Knowledge? WRONG!
Psst! Let me share a little secret with you…if your rhythm sucks, everything suffers. Everything. Rhythm, by far, is the single most important aspect of music. It separates the men from the boys. You’ll never become the guitar player you dream of being with poor rhythm.
I designed the new Metal and Rock Guitar Rhythm Crash Course to dramatically improve your rhythm. This will carry over into all other aspects of your guitar playing.
What if the material is too difficult? Won’t it overwhelm me?
This course has been carefully crafted to benefit a wide variety of guitar players. Each section has varying levels of complexity at a variety of tempos. That means you learn at the pace and tempo you want. The section-ending etudes provide you with the chance to put everything together. With them, you’ll solidify your ability to switch between different rhythm patterns. As you conquer each one, watch your confidence soar.
So what do I actually get? Do I only get a few tabs and some videos?
Phhffttt! Are you kidding? You get way more than that. Each section includes:
- Videos with imbedded tabs that display the count, strumming pattern, and chord names - everything you need in one convenient place
- Video explanations that ensure you understand how to count each rhythm pattern
- Video demonstrations (at various tempos) that show you how to play each rhythm pattern
- Audio tracks (at various tempos) allowing you to practice at the speed you want
- Etudes with uniquely created drum tracks, so you’re not just playing exercises - you’re playing a song
My favorite song isn't in 4/4 - will this course help me?
Though 4/4 time is the main focus of this course, I haven’t ignored other time signatures. The section “Beyond 4/4” has got you covered. You’ll learn how to count and play in 8 other time signatures. There’s even a short section on polyrhythms and polymeters - for those seeking a real mental workout.
Here’s how some students have described my teaching methods, which you’ll enjoy in this course:
- “John has a natural way of teaching music that makes it a little easier to understand…And it feels good to know how to properly do certain things, especially things like 16th notes and rhythms in general.” ~ Derek
- “John's got a very systematic approach to teaching guitar …” ~ Josh
- “As a teacher, I find him to be very, very attentive to detail, to the structure of the music, and how things function and teaching you how they function and helping you understand how they function.” ~ Mike
The Metal and Rock Guitar Rhythm Crash Course includes:
- 180 different pieces of music, tabbed out with rhythm notation - You’ll be busy for ages
- 609 videos (demonstrations and explanations) - You’ll know exactly what to do and how to do it
- Over 5 ½ hours of audio files - Play along and be confident you’re playing in time
And if you buy the course outright, you get Guitar Pro files (Ver. 6 & 7) for the entire course. As an introductory offer, you can get everything in this course for only $97. That’s the price of 3 guitar lessons.
This download will be a .zip file containing the following items:
- EPUB version of the course (think of it as an eBook)
- 32 bit and 64 bit Windows app (if you don't want to use the EPUB reader)
- PDF, Guitar Pro 6 and 7 files of all the tablature